Wednesday 19 September 2012

Happy Ganesh Chaturthi

Wishing everyone a very happy Ganesh Chaturthi.Those of you who don't know about this I will brief you a bit. Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated on the occassion of birthday of Lord Ganesha, the son of Lord Shiva & Parvati.Ganesha is widely worshipped as the god of wisdom, prosperity and good fortune and traditionally invoked at the beginning of any new venture or at the start of travel.

I have made new set of friends from Mumbai , where this festival is celebrated in full swing, so I also decided to do celebration  at home as i got inspired by my bunch of girl friends.



Aloo puri, Besan Ladoo & Tomato Chutney were part of my prasad.
It took me about 2 hours to prepare it....

Besan Ladoos


My Thali had aloo sabzi, boondi raita , tomato chutney and puri :)




Pooja time :)


So how did you celebrate this festival ?
Hope you have been hogging some modaks/ladoos :)


2 comments:

  1. Thank you sweetheart for reminding once again that this day, this festival is not about noise, decoration and pretty Idols. its about celebrating the birth of the Lord Almighty. being subtle but truly remembering him through your prayers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hy Bhav , good to see you joined the blog and replied too :) U know I must say I feel so positive now , thanks lord Ganesha :)

      Delete